Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Autumn Spirit

 
Autumn has arrived and I am back!  I have missed writing here, writing just what I wanted to say instead of selected topics and assignments.  Oh my gosh, life is crazy! Change walked in the door and decided to stay.  I can't even describe it all.

One day Miranda mentioned that she thought I should go back to school for the ten millionth time.  Guess what?  I sent off for some information that night and the next week I was in my first courses.  I am now a student at Walden University and I am pursuing a Master's in Nursing with a focus in nursing education.  Okay, let me admit it now! I should have done this a long time.  Miranda, YOU WERE RIGHT!!! lol  I am super thrilled by school and all I am learning.

Oh yeah, the week after I started school, I started a new job.  Kinda, well, I went back to The Medical Center, to the ER.  Yeah, I knoooooow!  Crazy me, thinking I would leave ER forever.  Tried that before and it never works.  Let me say that it is wonderful to be back!  I missed the variety of patients and I am constantly applying school to work and work to school.  Quite exciting, huh?

Tracy is finishing up three more weeks of classroom study and in November, he starts his nursing practicum, which is a month, working as a nurse in the clinical setting.  I am so excited for him and so very proud of him.  He will be the best kind of nurse, one that is smart, but also caring!  He is so precious to me.

Miranda is in school!!!  Imagine after all these years, we are in school at the same time.  Such a sweet and loving girl she is!  I am proud of her and Corey and thankful that they are my children.  Our precious granddaughters are growing so fast and I long for the day we can spend more time with them.

Another big change is my new commitment to seeking God's presence and allowing Him to make me more and more like His Son!  I am 52 years old, it is about time I quit squirming.  LOL  I can't even begin to share all the glorious happenings that are going on inside of me but I will share more of the goodness of my Father in the future.  I won't be able to help myself!

While considering the sun above me, I thought about how bright it is, the biggest energy and power source we have here on earth.  Heat, fire, shining over the earth.  We respect that power, that force.  If someone offered to drop us off there we would cry, "No thank you, I would burn up completely!"

But God, the Creator of that same sun, that sun that is a mere spark compared to His light, God gets no worship from many, no fear from His people, no consideration, no supremacy.

Humans are perverse and their minds are crooked.  And He loves us still...Teach me to love like that, O Lord.   May the truth of Your kingdom reign in us!

Well, maybe we have caught up but I doubt it...will do better to keep up here and I hope you will stay tuned for the exciting happenings yet to come!

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that you and Miranda are moving forward on the dreams you both have had for a long time. It is a challenging step out in faith that God will provide, as always, as you go forth. Prayers for understanding, increased energy and the continued enthusiam you will need; for an outpouring of blessings through His presence. So much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete